- Interfere with everyday responsibilities (family, parenting, work/studying and home)?
- Lead to trouble with the law (driving under the influence stealing or disorderly behaviour)?
- Mean that you regularly drink more than the recommended daily units? 2 - 3 units for women and 3 - 4 units for men or:
- one large glass of wine = 2 or 3 units
- one pint of ordinary strength beer (3.6%) = 2 units
- one pint of 5% beer = around 3 units
- Cause you to have arguments with your partner or problems in relationships?
- Cause you to engage in risky behaviour such as unprotected sex or sharing needles?
020 3317 7900 or at:
- Need to drink, or take more and more drugs to get the same effect?
- Feel the urge to drink or use drugs as soon as you wake up?
- Drink or take drugs to avoid the following withdrawal symptoms: nausea, rapid heart rate, shaky hands, blackouts, sleep problems, depression or anxiety?
- End up drinking or taking more drugs than you planned and feel unable to stop
- Frequently abandon activities that you used to enjoy and spend a lot of time planning and sorting your next drink, ‘hit’ or ‘fix’?